Monday, April 25, 2011

Chainmail

I have recently been immersed in one of my many hobbies, making Chainmail.  I originally got the idea from ask.com, but I ran with it and have just finished making the first ever (that I've heard of) Pop-Tab Chainmail Hood.  This would not be used in battle, but rather for show or for dress occasions because of the fragility of the tabs.  The hood is made out of approximately 800 soda can tabs, individually picked and sorted.  The project has taken about six months to complete.  Out of the many possible variations, I finally decided that this one was the best.  Below I have included some pictures of the hood. 
This is the front of the hood.


This was most likely the hardest part of the whole hood; the top.  Notice the tabs spiraling in towards the middle.

This is the back.  It was also very complicated to make; since I had to join the two halves into a seam.


The next thing I would like to make is a Pop-Tab Tunic.  It would be much, much, much easier than making the hood. Also, for those who wonder, The dark tab on the front of the hood is one of two Pop-Tabs that were supposedly run through the dishwasher.


The hood is made up of over 1000 Pop-Tabs that some of you readers and followers have kindly donated.  Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME Nehemiah :)!! I knew it would look really neat once you were able to make something with the tabs, but this looks like the real thing !! VERY cool. I really look forward to seeing the other things that you are going to make :).

    ReplyDelete