Monday, March 12, 2012

Wings of Dreams Airfest 2012

Andrew, Noah and I guarding the Mustang


This year I had the privilege of participating in the 2012 Wings of Dreams Airfest in Keystone Heights, Florida.  As part of Gainesville’s Civil Air Patrol squadron, my job was to control the crowd and guard the airplanes (including a Mustang!).  I was very busy the first day, due mainly to the airplanes that kept on flying in and out.  At one point in the show on Saturday, around five or six airplanes left at the same time- all in a row! 

Overall, the 2012 Wings of Dreams Airfest in Keystone Heights, Florida, is a very fun, interesting, historical, and fantastically exhausting experience.

I am on the far right, my brother Noah is the third from the right.
I am on the left, on the flightline, next to the two men.
I am on the third from the right (or the left), Noah is second from the right.
Andrew and I watching the ShandsCair Helicopter land.




5 comments:

  1. awesome! looks like you guys had a great time!
    -kember

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! It was great to be with fellow cadets and friends! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks to Civil Air Patrol's Gainesville Squadron Facebook page for the outstanding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( My comment didn't stick yesterday. I thought this was totally awesome! Love the top photo!

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! I wish I could have been there with you guys!
    -Parker, Noah

    ReplyDelete