Friday, June 17, 2011

The Story of William: Part 6

CHAPTER 6
             
             “My message is this” William said carefully.  “One has died for all, but still many will die for One.” The look on the king’s face was full of grief.  “I believe,” he said with a slight pause “I believe, that this means that our persecution here is not going to end.” 
            William looked sympathetically at the king.  “The persecution here is not going to stop anytime soon.  According to your message, I believe that we are to have a strong uprising against us very soon.” 
            The king looked at William and said, “I have been wanting a bit of encouragement from the outside world.  You have brought that to me.  Thank you.”
            “I will be strong,” the king said, “For I know that ‘I can do all things through Him who makes me strong.’” 
            William smiled.  The king had repeated the same words that had given him strength back in the canyon when the Shrieks had attacked him.  “We will be strong,” William said, looking at the king and smiling.  “Aye.” the king said.  “We are brothers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment